Affinity Water awards maintenance framework
Affinity Water (AW) has awarded a three-year framework contract to contractor Concrete Repairs (CR). The award, which includes an option to extend for a further one or two years, is for the inspection, cleaning, repair and maintenance of reservoirs, water towers and contact tanks.
The contract began in October 2013 and covers Affinity’s three regions − central, South-east and East.
Michael Balletta, CR’s infrastructure manager, said: “Concrete Repairs and Affinity Water will work closely together to make sure that money spent on repairs and maintenance of Affinity’s assets is managed carefully for the benefit of their customers. CRL is no stranger to the water industry, having worked for all of the major water utility companies at some stage during its long history.”
- South West Water takes on more apprentices South West Water has expanded its apprenticeship programme, recruiting 22 apprentices who will join its water and sewerage... Read More >
- WGTU suspends industrial action in NI Water pensions dispute Industrial action over a pensions dispute at NI Water has been suspended with immediate effect as the Water Group of Trade... Read More >
- Sewage pipes account for half of EU infrastructure pipe sales Sewage pipes dominate the European infrastructure pipes market accounting for 2.8 million tons and about half of the total... Read More >
- Collaborating on Professional Excellence A new partnership between Energy & Utility Skills and the Institute of Water is to help drive forward the skills agenda... Read More >
- Reducing harmonics with passive filters or active front-end drives Harmonics in the electrical systems of operators can be addressed by front-end drives or passive filters, with each having... Read More >
- Top Tips for… Building Asset Resilience PR19 will be a considerable step forward from PR14, requiring a significant shift towards greater service resilience and a... Read More >
- A Time to Skill: how can water face its workforce challenges? Faced with the double challenge of an ageing workforce and a potential barrier to bringing in EU talent due to Brexit, how... Read More >
- Grit removal: the importance of protecting downstream equipment The water industry needs to wake up to the costly damage that wastewater grit can cause and take action to ensure that key... Read More >