Affinity Water awards maintenance framework
Affinity Water (AW) has awarded a three-year framework contract to contractor Concrete Repairs (CR). The award, which includes an option to extend for a further one or two years, is for the inspection, cleaning, repair and maintenance of reservoirs, water towers and contact tanks.
The contract began in October 2013 and covers Affinity’s three regions − central, South-east and East.
Michael Balletta, CR’s infrastructure manager, said: “Concrete Repairs and Affinity Water will work closely together to make sure that money spent on repairs and maintenance of Affinity’s assets is managed carefully for the benefit of their customers. CRL is no stranger to the water industry, having worked for all of the major water utility companies at some stage during its long history.”
- Water 'Oscars' deadline for entries extended The deadline for entries to this year's Water Industry Achievement Awards has been extended for a further two weeks - to... Read More >
- £2.5M upgrade proposed for South East Water's Eastbourne WTW South East Water has announced £2.5M plans to upgrade its Eastbourne Water Treatment Works. The company has submitted the... Read More >
- SW Water and Affinity top Ofwat pre-qual tests South West Water (SWW) and Affinity Water have pre-qualified for ‘enhanced' status based on the high quality of the... Read More >
- Water companies and BIM: realising the potential The utilities sector has lagged behind in implementing BIM, and has yet to fully realise its potential for maintenance as... Read More >
- Interview: Digital Danger Cyber attacks are becoming an increasing threat but, while the UK water industry could be vulnerable, Anglian Water... Read More >
- Senior asset leaders to come together ahead of PR19 The sixth annual WWT Water Industry Asset Management conference takes place on 10th May 2018 and will attract asset... Read More >
- Component pricing: a disposable dilemma When working out the whole-life cost of a pump or similar equipment, one variable is how often components need to be... Read More >
- Analytics and Asset Management The water companies that have been most effective in this AMP period are those that have combined asset management and... Read More >