£190M contract extension for Amey
Engineering company Amey has received a £190M extension to its contract with Severn Trent Water (STW).
Under the contract, Amey will be responsible for carrying out clean water mains renewal and maintenance, as well as delivering sewer upgrades, flood alleviation projects and installing new or refurbishing existing pumping stations.
Amey, which acquired contractor Enterprise earlier this year, has been working collaboratively with STW for 12 years.
Simon Cocks, wastewater services director, STW, said, "To deliver our future investment programme on behalf of our customers we need to work collaboratively as One Severn Trent - and that means right the way across our supply chain. We've developed successful long-term relationships with all of our supply chain partners and we're pleased that we can continue to work together as one team to maximise the benefits of these arrangements.”
- Increased competition hits Morgan Sindall profits Construction, infrastructure and design company Morgan Sindall has blamed increased competition across all its divisions... Read More >
- Severn Trent rejects revised proposal from LongRiver Severn Trent's board has rejected a revised takeover proposal from LongRiver Partners, a consortium led by Borealis... Read More >
- Tendering underway for Scotland's largest wastewater tunnel Scottish Water is currently undertaking a tendering exercise for a 5km-long wastewater tunnel in the south of Glasgow. The... Read More >
- Interview: Costain water sector director Maxine Mayhew Costain water sector director Maxine Mayhew discusses the company's shift towards smart infrastructure solutions and the... Read More >
- Expert View: Phosphorus removal made simple With the water industry seeking efficient ways to remove phosphorus (P), the C-TECH biological process is one solution... Read More >
- The C-MeX Factor As the industry gears up for the introduction of C-MeX, Kier customer services director Benjamin Bax tells Robin Hackett... Read More >
- Ross-shire Engineering: Aiming High With its latest modular water treatment plant having hit new heights in terms of scale and ambition, Ross-shire... Read More >
- Interview: Yorkshire Water procurement head Andy Clark Yorkshire Water's Andy Clark tells Robin Hackett why the company is making major changes to its procurement strategy Read More >