New Sludge Conference to be part of Wastewater 2018
The UK's largest wastewater event - Wastewater 2018, organised by WWT - is set to return to Birmingham on 30th January and for the first time will include a dedicated sludge conference.
The inaugural Sludge Conference will assess the impacts of regulation and competition on sludge management, explore innovation in recycling and reuse, and address opportunities for generating more renewable energy from sludge. Ofwat will open the day to share their insights into the opening of the sludge market, and Thames and Severn Trent Water will look at what commercialisation of sludge and competition will mean for the industry.
Running in parallel, the Infrastructure & Networks Conference will cover flooding, sewer infiltration, innovation in network management and long-term infrastructure requirements while the Wastewater Treatment Conference will explore nutrient removal, tighter limitations and efficiency of treatment works.
Delegates will be able to move freely between all three conferences on the day and hear from every WASC as well as regulators and academics who will present keynote presentations, case-studies and thought leadership designed to bring more innovation to the sector.
Speakers on the day include:
- David Black, Senior director, Water 2020, Ofwat
- Lawrence Gosden, Managing director – wholesale wastewater, Thames Water
- Helen Wakeham, Deputy director, water quality, Environment Agency
- Steve Wilson, Managing director of wastewater services, Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water
- Ruth Barden, Director of environmental strategy, Wessex Water
- Kieran Brocklebank, Head of innovation, United Utilities
- Mike Madine, Head of wastewater networks and developer services, Northumbrian Water
- Pete Vale, Technical lead – innovation, Severn Trent Water
- Gordon Reid, Wastewater asset strategy manager, Scottish Water
- Ana Mijic, Senior lecturer in urban water management, Imperial College London
- Phil Stride, Strategic projects director, Tideway
- Perry Hobbs, Head of science and regulation Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water
- Laura Mann, Head of strategy development, Wessex Water
- Alison Fergusson, Principal engineer, Ofwat
- Ester Rus Perez, Sludge and energy innovation manager, Thames Water
- Sam Evans, Commercial manager – energy & recycling, Yorkshire Water
To view more details and to register, visit: http://events.wwtonline.co.uk/wastewater/
Alternatively, please contact Nicola Gillman on 01342 332045 or email email@example.com
- Go with the flow A recent installation of air flow meters in a wastewater treatment facility in the US has helped deliver energy... Read More >
- Front Line: Craig May, Technical Specialist, Lanes Group In the latest in our Front Line series, WWT meets Craig May, technical specialist at Thames Water's wastewater maintenance... Read More >
- Ceramic linings resist damage Ceramic linings provided for sludge pellet processing some 10 years ago are showing little sign of wear, says managing... Read More >
- Gasification of Sludge: Innovation in Action Yorkshire Water's advanced thermal conversion (ATC) gasification plant at Lower Brighouse WWTW has achieved a timely... Read More >
- Water Industry Awards 2018: Enter Now! The Water Industry Awards, organised by WWT and WET News, are back for the 12th successive year and are now open for... Read More >
- Thinking outside the box on alternative water Water companies' response to a short-term supply disruption is often to distribute bottled water, but Thames Water is now... Read More >
- New Sludge Conference to be part of Wastewater 2018 The UK's largest wastewater event - Wastewater 2018, organised by WWT - is set to return to Birmingham on 30th January and... Read More >
- Comment: Moving sensors from the lab to the real world Innovative sensor technologies of various materials are out there - the key now is to apply them effectively and to make... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.