Front Line: Kevin Warner, Metering Manager, South East Water
In this month's Front Line feature, we meet Kevin Warner, who manages South East Water's metering programme in the company's Eastern region
What’s the main purpose of your job role?
To complete the metering project on time and have the projected percentage of unmeasured customers converted to a measured tariff.
When did you start working in the water industry and what led you to your current job?
I started my career in the water Industry in 1979 with Eastbourne Water Works Company. I was happy to accept my current job role because I wanted to be part of the biggest single project ever undertaken by South East Water. Theoretically the project had the potential to upset an enormous amount of customers so my key challenge is to complete the installation programme with the minimum of customer complaints as possible.
Describe your typical working day.
My typical day starts at South East Water’s Tonbridge Operations Centre. I liaise with our contractor Clancy Docwra. I discuss the installations that have taken place and any issues that have occurred that may need resolving. I talk with our planners and admin support team to make sure that we are on target to achieve our forecast. I review my business object reports. I communicate with the Customer Service Metering team, the Metering Billing team and South East Water’s Campaign and Media Officer. Where possible I go to site to meet my direct team of Customer Metering Programme Technicians and the crews and operatives carrying out the meter installations.
What attributes do you need in your job role?
To do my job well I need to adhere to South East Water’s core values, which are to be trustworthy and creative, to show passion and agility while all the time striving for excellence.
What is the most rewarding part of your job?
To see my direct team develop within their respective roles and help them to progress their careers in the business once the Metering Programme has finished.
And the worst (or most challenging) aspect?
The most challenging aspect of the job is dealing with difficult customers to resolve their issues and avoid unwanted calls or complaints.
Which people do you work most closely with in your working day?
My Manager and the Customer Metering support team.
If I wasn’t working in water, my ideal job would be…
Owning and managing a camping site.
- Project Focus: Relocated lab aids business expansion for South East Water South East Water Scientific Services recently completed a relocation to new 2,800 square metre laboratory facilities in... Read More >
- Project Focus: SE Water tunnelling to complete vital new pipeline South East Water is about to complete a £8.1M pipeline project which has seen it tunnel under the River Medway, a railway... Read More >
- Work at Bray Gravels pumping station secures supply Reverse engineering key to success at Bray Gravels where matching old with new meant creating a bespoke solution. Read More >
- Optimising water supply network performance the smart way Water network management is complex but accurate flow measurement plays across the spectrum of activities, says NEL's... Read More >
- Comment: Water's digital future The opportunities and challenges for the water sector around the use of big data and analytics give rise to fundamental... Read More >
- Comment: Water, with a splash of disruption Is there an alternative to 'rip and replace' when it comes to ageing analogue telemetry equipment? Craig Wellman looks at... Read More >
- Interview: Anne Kemp, chair, UK BIM Alliance “It's come of age,” says Anne Kemp on why Building Information Modelling (BIM) has captured the imagination of the... Read More >
- Interview: Jeremy Heath, Innovation Manager, Sutton and East Surrey Water “ODIs have given us focus… it's simple to work out the tangible benefit of putting in a solution.” Read More >
- Market Operations delivery manager What are we looking for?• Innovative, challenging and dynamic leader and team player. • Experience of working in a utility network... Read more here.
- General Manager Asset Management Essential Energy Location: Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia Salary: Competitive Essential Energy is one of Australia’s largest... Read more here.
- Energy Growth Strategy Analyst National Grid’s energy network transports electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK. It’s an essential part of all our lives.... Read more here.