Utility Week Consumer Debt Conference
Now in its 10th year, the Utility Week Consumer Debt Conference is the leading event for forward-thinking credit, debt, billing, collections, and customer service professionals within the energy and water sectors.
There has never been a more crucial time for the utility sector to create strong partnerships with customers and collection agencies alike to build trust and protect vulnerable customers.
Amid economic uncertainty and rising costs for day-to-day essentials, the average household is seeing an increase in its debt-to-income ratio. How can the utility sector better identify vulnerable customers, work in partnership with them, strategically engage third parties and improve collections?
This essential event offers you the opportunity to network with leading suppliers in credit management, benchmark your billing and collection practices, develop innovative ways to reduce bad debt and more.
Expert speakers include:
- Philip King, Chief executive officer, Chartered Institute of Credit Management (Conference chair)
- Peter Wallwork, Chief executive officer, Credit Services Association
- Karen Walker, Credit & collections director, British Gas
- Michelle Atkinson, Head of income domestic retail, United Utilities
- Mark Field, Head of billing and collections, Southern Water
- Claire Moore, Head of collections, E.ON UK
- Simon Bell, Collections performance manager, First Utility
- Claire Differ, Utilities manager, Coventry Citizens Advice Bureau
This conference will equip you with the tools to:
Take preventative steps to reduce debt and increase engagement
- Recognise vulnerability and accommodate ability to pay
- Collaborate with the third sector to understand customers
- Effectively collect and manage your customer data
- Provide a tailored experience that reduces “cost to serve”
- Develop a multi-channel approach to increase collections
To view more details and to register, visit: events.utilityweek.co.uk/debt
If you have any queries about the event, contact Carla Staden on (01342) 332016 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload to your calendar >> Visit event website >>
- Anglian Water reacts to Ofwat and Government challenges Anglian Water has announced moves to boost transparency and customer confidence in response to recent warnings to the... Read More >
- Devall to join Severn Trent from Northumbrian Severn Trent has appointed John Devall to lead the development of its long-term investment strategy. Read More >
- Anglian donates £50k after water pollution incident Anglian Water has agreed to pay £50,000 to an environmental charity after a manhole overflowed with black sludge and grey... Read More >
- WWT Water Industry Asset Management Conference 10/05/2018 Building on the success of the fifth annual event, the WWT Water Industry Asset Management Conference taking place on 10 May in Birmingham will continue to assess ways of driving further efficiency and resilience in the sector while maintaining and delivering the water industry s both physical and non-physical assets to meet with customer expectations.
- WWT Wales Water Conference 17/05/2018 The 5th annual WWT Wales Water Conference is the flagship annual gathering for all participants who contribute to, or benefit from, a profitable, sustainable and efficient Welsh Water sector.
- Utility Week Live 2018 22/05/2018 With disruptive new technologies and business models emerging, utilities must find new strategies and solutions to survive and thrive. Join us at Utility Week Live 2018 as we examine these changes, and explore the tech and product solutions transforming the way gas, water and electricity utilities do business. Book your free tickets today.
- WWT Water Industry Energy Conference 2018 12/06/2018 With tighter funding, regulatory pressure to do more with less, and rising customer expectations, water companies have more incentive than ever to identify commercial opportunities in energy in PR19.