Utility Week Awards
Utility Week s industry achievement awards are the highlight of the calendar. Once a year, we take the opportunity to recognise the companies and individuals forging the way ahead.
The awards are widely recognised for the rigour of the judging process: a Utility Week Award is hallmark of quality. So if you have a team, project or company to be proud of, let the whole world know about it.
The ten award categories are open to utility companies producing, distributing and retailing energy or water. Other companies are welcome to enter jointly with utility partners.
New judging process and entry guidance for 2017
• As the number of entries keeps growing, we’ve introduced a new two-stage judging process to ensure that every entry continues to receive in-depth consideration from a panel of industry leaders.
• Each category now has a lead judge and with some of the biggest names in the business on the judging panel, the bar is set high.
• We know how important detailed entry guidance and feedback are to driving best practice. To this end, we are launching a new entry guide setting out the criteria for each award.
• We also promise to provide every shortlisted entrant with a benchmarking report detailing the strengths and weaknesses of their entry in relation to their peers, based on feedback from our judges.
• We will publish detailed case studies of the winning entries over the course of 2018, so everyone can see what it takes to win one of our coveted awards.
Submit your entries by 8 September at www.utilityweekawards.co.uk
Competition for these awards is fierce, and winning a place on the shortlist is an achievement in itself. We’ll honour all our winners, reveal who are the best of the best – and have a great night out – at the Grosvenor House hotel in Park Lane on 11 December. It’s the industry’s “Christmas party” and a great opportunity to join 1400 of the industry’s finest and to celebrate the year’s achievements.
- Severn Trent in European wastewater recycling collaboration Severn Trent has joined a consortium of companies from across Europe to launch ‘Project WOW!', an innovation project... Read More >
- Report: 44% of excavation works put underground assets at risk Nearly half of all excavation work in the UK takes place without a thorough underground asset search, putting critical... Read More >
- NI Water to lift hosepipe ban as demand drops Northern Ireland Water has announced that it intends to lift its hosepipe ban. Read More >
- WWT Sustainable Water Conference 18/09/2018 It is a crucial time for sustainability in water: the government has issued its 25 Year Environment Plan, Water Resource Management Plans are being submitted, and we are in the midst of PR19 strategy.
- Utility Week Congress 2018 09/10/2018 Utility Week Congress 2018 will bring together leaders from water, gas and electricity to provide you with strategic insight from the highest level.
- WWT Drinking Water Quality Conference 2018 08/11/2018 With both Brexit and AMP7 on the horizon, it is a crucial time for the UK water industry to build a resilient strategy to protect water quality for future generations.
- WWT Water Industry Technology Innovation Conference 27/11/2018 The 2018 WWT Water Industry Technology Innovation Conference brings you the chance to work towards an innovative future for the sector, with a series of mini design sprints focused on five key areas, including: leakage, customer experience, sludge & energy, water resources & drought resilience, and partnership working.