This is your invitation to be part of an exciting, innovative and different event which will give you the opportunity to be part of the water industry s modern transformation
When: Thursday 5 October
Where: De Vere West One, 9-10 Portland Place, Marylebone, London W1B 1PR
Time: 10:00 - 17:00
Dress Code: It s an UNconference, things will be UNtraditional, so we d suggest you leave the business dress at home for this one
Completely eliminating the environmental impact of the water industry whilst securing an excellent service is a dream we all share. In order to make this dream become a reality, you are invited to participate in an exciting journey which will enable the water industry to find sustainable solutions to fully become a circular economy, creating zero waste and producing alternative renewable energy.
The water industry s first UNconference is the result of the ongoing collaboration between British Water, Anglian Water, and the Water Innovation Network (WIN) and it s sponsored by Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN).
What is an UNconference?
This innovative Open Space Technology based event, otherwise known as UNconference - is an organic approach to solve complex problems in large groups - will take place on October 5 and will explore the future path for the water industry.
Anglian Water have been working on increasing their performance in very innovative ways and now they need your help in identifying further issues, future challenges and creative solutions to support all elements within Circular Economy. This unique initiative matches Anglian Water s leading strategic approach based on innovation " collaboration " transformation.
The UNconference methodology is carefully designed to elicit maximum involvement and creativity in a constructive atmosphere. It is also highly flexible so that the content is entirely determined by you -the participants. The event will be inventive, creative, productive and full of surprises.
This is not to suggest that the UNconference will not have content or outcomes, for there certainly will be both! Achievement in the meeting will be totally dependent upon individual and collective responsibility to make it happen. The content is what each person shares, and the outcome is what we will all create.
This is an unusual, never done before event, do not miss it, nor your opportunity to learn, express your concerns and contribute your ideas in the first UNconference within the Water Industry.
Are you ready to take on something new?
We are on a journey without maps, except as we draw them as we go along. There are no simple answers, only an opportunity to explore and uncover together. Please join us on October 5th to begin the exploration.
Still a little confused?
For further information on UNconference please contact Leesha Gohil.
UNconference - Circular Economy Challenges is sponsored and supported by
Download to your calendar >> Visit event website >>
- Gove calls on water companies to increase environment spending Environment Secretary Michael Gove has challenged water companies to increase investment and improve environmental... Read More >
- Nationalisation debate a valuable wake-up call - Defra's Dr Catovsky Defra's Dr Sebastian Catovsky has said the renationalisation debate may be "the wake- up call the sector needed". Read More >
- Retail market must improve on efficiency - Waterwise's Russell The retail market will be next to face the political spotlight over water efficiency, Waterwise managing director Nicci... Read More >
- Constructed Wetland Association Annual Conference 12/09/2018 With the overarching theme of ~How to make better constructed wetlands , this year's CWA conference will bring together the key stakeholders from the water pollution control community.
- WWT Sustainable Water Conference 18/09/2018 It is a crucial time for sustainability in water: the government has issued its 25 Year Environment Plan, Water Resource Management Plans are being submitted, and we are in the midst of PR19 strategy.
- WWT Water Scotland Conference 2018 05/10/2018 With SR21 approaching and environmental and social pressures increasing, it is a crucial time for the Scottish water sector to build resilience and drive innovation.
- Utility Week Congress 2018 09/10/2018 The premier event for water, gas and electricity sector leaders, the Utility Week Congress offers strategic insight at the highest level.