This is your invitation to be part of an exciting, innovative and different event which will give you the opportunity to be part of the water industry s modern transformation
When: Thursday 5 October
Where: De Vere West One, 9-10 Portland Place, Marylebone, London W1B 1PR
Time: 10:00 - 17:00
Dress Code: It s an UNconference, things will be UNtraditional, so we d suggest you leave the business dress at home for this one
Completely eliminating the environmental impact of the water industry whilst securing an excellent service is a dream we all share. In order to make this dream become a reality, you are invited to participate in an exciting journey which will enable the water industry to find sustainable solutions to fully become a circular economy, creating zero waste and producing alternative renewable energy.
The water industry s first UNconference is the result of the ongoing collaboration between British Water, Anglian Water, and the Water Innovation Network (WIN) and it s sponsored by Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN).
What is an UNconference?
This innovative Open Space Technology based event, otherwise known as UNconference - is an organic approach to solve complex problems in large groups - will take place on October 5 and will explore the future path for the water industry.
Anglian Water have been working on increasing their performance in very innovative ways and now they need your help in identifying further issues, future challenges and creative solutions to support all elements within Circular Economy. This unique initiative matches Anglian Water s leading strategic approach based on innovation " collaboration " transformation.
The UNconference methodology is carefully designed to elicit maximum involvement and creativity in a constructive atmosphere. It is also highly flexible so that the content is entirely determined by you -the participants. The event will be inventive, creative, productive and full of surprises.
This is not to suggest that the UNconference will not have content or outcomes, for there certainly will be both! Achievement in the meeting will be totally dependent upon individual and collective responsibility to make it happen. The content is what each person shares, and the outcome is what we will all create.
This is an unusual, never done before event, do not miss it, nor your opportunity to learn, express your concerns and contribute your ideas in the first UNconference within the Water Industry.
Are you ready to take on something new?
We are on a journey without maps, except as we draw them as we go along. There are no simple answers, only an opportunity to explore and uncover together. Please join us on October 5th to begin the exploration.
Still a little confused?
For further information on UNconference please contact Leesha Gohil.
UNconference - Circular Economy Challenges is sponsored and supported by
Download to your calendar >> Visit event website >>
- Valves dating to 1870s remanufactured for Yorkshire reservoir Blackhall Engineering has successfully refurbished and remanufactured 140-year-old valves at Yorkshire Water's Fewston... Read More >
- Green light for streetworks lane rental plan The Government has announced the roll-out of a scheme under which utilities have to pay up to £2,500 per day to carry out... Read More >
- New nanoporous metal foam uses sunlight to clean water A researcher from the University of Bath is working on a means of safely removing micropollutants from water without... Read More >
Ireland Water Conference
After more than four years since its creation, Irish Water, and the sector as a whole, has already cleared a number of hurdles and is now on an upward trajectory towards consistently delivering sustainable, high-quality drinking water and ensuring top levels of environmental protection.
- WWT Water Industry Asset Management Conference 10/05/2018 Building on the success of the fifth annual event, the WWT Water Industry Asset Management Conference taking place on 10 May in Birmingham will continue to assess ways of driving further efficiency and resilience in the sector while maintaining and delivering the water industry s both physical and non-physical assets to meet with customer expectations.
- WWT Wales Water Conference 17/05/2018 The 5th annual WWT Wales Water Conference is the flagship annual gathering for all participants who contribute to, or benefit from, a profitable, sustainable and efficient Welsh Water sector.
- Utility Week Live 2018 22/05/2018 With disruptive new technologies and business models emerging, utilities must find new strategies and solutions to survive and thrive. Join us at Utility Week Live 2018 as we examine these changes, and explore the tech and product solutions transforming the way gas, water and electricity utilities do business. Book your free tickets today.