Flexible Networks: Storage & DSR Conference
As energy networks prepare to meet the demands of a flexible power system, Network, the UK s only dedicated media brand for engineers in gas, power and heat networks, is launching Flexible Networks: Storage & DSR " a unique conference exploring today s solutions to tomorrow s challenges.
The conference will explore the drivers for flexibility and set the strategic context, before diving into the detail of operational and technical solutions around storage and DSR, including the latest findings from innovation-funded studies. It will ask how customers and other stakeholders can be engaged in the transition, and will look at the role of flexibility beyond the network, at grid-level.
This CPD-certified event provides the opportunity to:
- Reflect on the Smart Systems Consultation and what it means for networks
- Hear directly from Ofgem to gain a crucial insight into RIIO2
- The journey for networks to achieve flexibility
- Access the benefits of demand side response to defer network reinforcement
- Understand the role that interconnection plays in supporting flexibility
- Capitalise on the opportunities of a decarbonised future
Senior-level speakers sharing their experiences include:
- Jonathan Brearley, Senior partner, networks, Ofgem
- Scott Mathieson, Network planning and regulation director, SP Energy Networks
- Phil Sheppard, Director of network strategy, National Grid
- Steven Edwards, Director of regulation and commercial, Wales and West Utilities
- Nick Phillips, Head of investment planning, Northern Gas Networks
- Stewart Reid, Head of asset management and innovation, SSE Networks
- Sotiris Georgiopoulos, Head of smart grid development, UK Power Networks
- Steve Cox, Engineering & technical director, Electricity North West
You can see the full agenda, download the brochure, view the complete list of speakers and register at: http://events.networks.online/flexible/
For further details, please contact Carla Staden on (01342) 332016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For exhibition and sponsorship possibilities please contact Helen Smith on +44 (0)1342 332109 or email email@example.com
- Severn Trent ‘encouraged' by financial opportunities of PR19 Severn Trent is “encouraged by the opportunities” of higher financial returns for ambitious and innovative companies in... Read More >
- £27M Morpeth flood scheme complete The Environment Agency and Northumberland County Council have completed a £27M scheme to protect Morpeth from flooding. Read More >
- Irish Water invests in wastewater flow monitoring Irish Water has started work on a €10M (£9M) programme which will see flow monitoring and performance sampling equipment... Read More >
- WWT Drinking Water Quality Conference and Exhibition 02/11/2017 The WWT Drinking Water Quality Conference 2017 is all about pushing boundaries: going beyond compliance to take water quality to a new level, from source to tap.
- WWT Water Industry Technology Innovation Conference 30/11/2017 As the industry gears up for the next AMP cycle and PR19, water companies must find innovative ways to enhance their business plans and prepare for long-term challenges.
- Utility Week Health and Safety Conference and Exhibition 06/12/2017 Now in its 5th year, the Utility Week Health & Safety conference is the only event dedicated for health, safety and wellbeing professionals from the water, gas and electricity sectors.
- WWT Water Scotland conference 07/12/2017 This is the only conference and networking dinner that brings together the whole sector to share leading case studies and strategic expertise specific to Scotland.