Flexible Networks: Storage & DSR Conference
As energy networks prepare to meet the demands of a flexible power system, Network, the UK s only dedicated media brand for engineers in gas, power and heat networks, is launching Flexible Networks: Storage & DSR " a unique conference exploring today s solutions to tomorrow s challenges.
The conference will explore the drivers for flexibility and set the strategic context, before diving into the detail of operational and technical solutions around storage and DSR, including the latest findings from innovation-funded studies. It will ask how customers and other stakeholders can be engaged in the transition, and will look at the role of flexibility beyond the network, at grid-level.
This CPD-certified event provides the opportunity to:
- Reflect on the Smart Systems Consultation and what it means for networks
- Hear directly from Ofgem to gain a crucial insight into RIIO2
- The journey for networks to achieve flexibility
- Access the benefits of demand side response to defer network reinforcement
- Understand the role that interconnection plays in supporting flexibility
- Capitalise on the opportunities of a decarbonised future
Senior-level speakers sharing their experiences include:
- Jonathan Brearley, Senior partner, networks, Ofgem
- Scott Mathieson, Network planning and regulation director, SP Energy Networks
- Phil Sheppard, Director of network strategy, National Grid
- Steven Edwards, Director of regulation and commercial, Wales and West Utilities
- Nick Phillips, Head of investment planning, Northern Gas Networks
- Stewart Reid, Head of asset management and innovation, SSE Networks
- Sotiris Georgiopoulos, Head of smart grid development, UK Power Networks
- Steve Cox, Engineering & technical director, Electricity North West
You can see the full agenda, download the brochure, view the complete list of speakers and register at: http://events.networks.online/flexible/
For further details, please contact Carla Staden on (01342) 332016 or email email@example.com
For exhibition and sponsorship possibilities please contact Helen Smith on +44 (0)1342 332109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- AWB wins £3M Scottish water service contracts Anglian Water Business has secured £3 million worth of water service contracts in Scotland. Read More >
- Plastic flood barriers provide ‘ring of steel' in Lincolnshire An innovative flood barrier fabricated from recycled plastic is securing a ‘ring of steel' around properties in the... Read More >
- Jet vac tanker tackles concrete in sewers Lanes Utilities is deploying a new 12,000 PSI jet vac tanker to tackle the menace of cowboy builders who dispose of... Read More >
- WWT Water Industry Energy Conference 13/06/2017 Building on the success of the last three years, the 4th annual WWT Water Industry Energy Conference will assess the power of people and behaviour change, evaluate the opportunities in energy from waste, and analyse the business benefits of investment in emerging solutions such as battery storage and demand response.
- Institute of Water Annual Conference 15/06/2017 The Institute of Water's 2-day Annual National Conference is entitled 'Together We Achieve More'. Chaired by Thomas Faulkner, Executive Vice President, Skanska, this year's event will focus on collaboration and will include speakers from across the water sector incorporating water companies, regulators and contractor/suppliers.
- WWT Sustainable Water 20/09/2017 Sustainability in water is more crucial than ever before, and pressure on water companies has heightened as they strive to meet ambitious targets and build resilience into their business plans.
- Network Asset Performance Conference 21/09/2017 With the next round of RIIO on the horizon and consumer and regulator expectations rising at a faster rate than ever before, it is a critical time for energy networks to enhance the performance of their assets.