Constructed Wetlands: Natural Systems for Water Management
The 13th Annual conference of the Constructed Wetlands Association will take place on September 27th and 28th, in the beautiful surroundings of Slimbridge Wetlands Centre in Gloucestershire.
Day one (27th September) will offer an ~Introduction to Constructed Wetlands training session, with informative lectures in the morning followed by an afternoon guided visit to the treatment wetlands that serve the Slimbridge visitor centre.
Day two (28th September) will bring you up to date with the latest developments in constructed wetlands through presentations sharing the knowledge of leading academics and practitioners in the field of constructed wetlands with the key themes:
- Natural infrastructure vs hard engineering approaches
- Multiple benefits of wetland treatment systems
- Latest technology and developments in natural treatment systems
Day two participants can also attend the site visits in the afternoon of Day 1, and all participants will be able to enjoy the opportunity to network with each other during site visits on the afternoon of 27th and at a social gathering on the evening of the 27th.
Speakers and conference sessions will be announced shortly.
- United Utilities announces green fleet plan United Utilities is working on plans to switch its entire fleet of vehicles from diesel to home-produced energy within the... Read More >
- Anglian uses behavioural science to help cut water use Anglian Water has seen per capita consumption (PCC) drop by 8 per cent in Newmarket with the help of a portal that... Read More >
- United Utilities gives old service reservoir new lease of life United Utilities engineers are working underground to create a new underground service reservoir within an existing... Read More >
- Constructed Wetland Association Annual Conference 12/09/2018 With the overarching theme of ~How to make better constructed wetlands , this year's CWA conference will bring together the key stakeholders from the water pollution control community.
- WWT Sustainable Water Conference 18/09/2018 It is a crucial time for sustainability in water: the government has issued its 25 Year Environment Plan, Water Resource Management Plans are being submitted, and we are in the midst of PR19 strategy.
- WWT Water Scotland Conference 2018 05/10/2018 With SR21 approaching and environmental and social pressures increasing, it is a crucial time for the Scottish water sector to build resilience and drive innovation.
- Utility Week Congress 2018 09/10/2018 The premier event for water, gas and electricity sector leaders, the Utility Week Congress offers strategic insight at the highest level.