Constructed Wetlands: Natural Systems for Water Management
The 13th Annual conference of the Constructed Wetlands Association will take place on September 27th and 28th, in the beautiful surroundings of Slimbridge Wetlands Centre in Gloucestershire.
Day one (27th September) will offer an ~Introduction to Constructed Wetlands training session, with informative lectures in the morning followed by an afternoon guided visit to the treatment wetlands that serve the Slimbridge visitor centre.
Day two (28th September) will bring you up to date with the latest developments in constructed wetlands through presentations sharing the knowledge of leading academics and practitioners in the field of constructed wetlands with the key themes:
- Natural infrastructure vs hard engineering approaches
- Multiple benefits of wetland treatment systems
- Latest technology and developments in natural treatment systems
Day two participants can also attend the site visits in the afternoon of Day 1, and all participants will be able to enjoy the opportunity to network with each other during site visits on the afternoon of 27th and at a social gathering on the evening of the 27th.
Speakers and conference sessions will be announced shortly.
- Water Industry Awards shortlist revealed The shortlist has now been unveiled for the Water Industry Awards, the annual celebration of excellence in the water... Read More >
- EA's dewatering guidelines to impact construction businesses The Environment Agency has issued new guidelines that require contractors to hold a bespoke permit to discharge anything... Read More >
- Affinity Water appoints Walsh as new CEO Affinity Water has announced the appointment of Pauline Walsh as Chief Executive Officer. Read More >
Ireland Water Conference
After more than four years since its creation, Irish Water, and the sector as a whole, has already cleared a number of hurdles and is now on an upward trajectory towards consistently delivering sustainable, high-quality drinking water and ensuring top levels of environmental protection.
- WWT Water Industry Asset Management Conference 10/05/2018 Building on the success of the fifth annual event, the WWT Water Industry Asset Management Conference taking place on 10 May in Birmingham will continue to assess ways of driving further efficiency and resilience in the sector while maintaining and delivering the water industry s both physical and non-physical assets to meet with customer expectations.
- WWT Wales Water Conference 17/05/2018 The 5th annual WWT Wales Water Conference is the flagship annual gathering for all participants who contribute to, or benefit from, a profitable, sustainable and efficient Welsh Water sector.
- Utility Week Live 2018 22/05/2018 With disruptive new technologies and business models emerging, utilities must find new strategies and solutions to survive and thrive. Join us at Utility Week Live 2018 as we examine these changes, and explore the tech and product solutions transforming the way gas, water and electricity utilities do business. Book your free tickets today.