- Better to be safe than sorry? 25/03/2013 "If it ain't broke - don't fix it:"So the truism goes. Why spend time and money monitoring and maintaining equipment or...
- Heavy Rainfall and Water Quality 03/01/2013 As we count the costs of last year's floods misery and find the best candidates for an extra £120m in flood defences,...
- Tackling Boom and Bust - We've only Just Begun 23/10/2012 Infrastructure UK's widely-welcomed report 'Smoothing Investment Cycles in the Water Sector' has emphatically confirmed that...
- Drought and Deluge - two sides of the same coin 11/09/2012 After the summer we've had, there's no denying how short our collective memories are when it comes to the weather. The...
- Totex incentives a must 11/07/2012 Industry jargon always sends a shiver down my spine and this summer it will be the words 'Totex', 'Capex' and 'Opex' getting...
- Sludge dirty secret or black gold? 06/05/2012 Culturally, the notion of sewage sludge has connotations of a dirty secret, rather than a valuable commodity. Even the name...
Water White Paper Keeps Supply Chain Guessing
The long-awaited publication of the Water White Paper at the end of 2011 brought welcome assurances of the Government's...
At last – an end to “Boom and Bust”?
David Gray's OFWAT Review turned out to be well worth the wait – and has sprung the "boom and bust" AMP genie from the...
Water Quality: A long and winding road
No-one would deny there's still a long and winding road ahead to reach our water quality goals.
SEEING INNOVATION WITH 'FRESH EYES'
THE UK Water and sewerage industry is often berated for its lack of...
Optimism in the Water Industry is on a High -...
Optimism in the water industry is on a high – according to the results of the latest Web4water poll at least - which show...
ARE YOU looking forward to 2011?
There's a real sense of anticipation in the water industry as we await the outcomes of wholesale policy and regulatory...
Minimising Operating Costs
MINIMISING the operating costs of our energy-intensive industry is a daily challenge for UK water companies. ...
Is the UK water industry doing enough to address long-term sustainability?
Is the UK water industry doing enough to address long-term sustainability? The answer from the industry itself...
Is UK Wastewater Unsustainable?
Is the UK Water Industry doing enough to address long-term sustainability of its infrastructure? There are plenty...
- Maureen Gaines's Blog Maureen Gaines I'm Editor of Water & Effluent Treatment News, the only journal to focus on the water industry's supply chain.
- Keith Hayward's Blog Keith Hayward
- Expert View John Lear Technical Director, Biological Preparations Ltd
- Alec Erskine's blog Alec Erskine Senior Principal Consultant, MWH
- Insight Dr Jannis Wenk Lecturer in Water Science and Engineering, University of Bath
- Expert View Martin Richardson Water Framework Manager, Drives & Controls, ABB Ltd
- Insight Guy Ledger Business Development Director, Atkins
- Opinion Dr Phil Aldous Director of Water, Thomson Ecology
- Insight Professor Peter Jarvis Professor of Water Science and Technology, Cranfield Water Science Institute